Thursday, October 18, 2012

Here's Charlotte

Here is Charlotte

Well, today during the book study I said that I didn’t know why Ebony needed to leave us, and that maybe it was that the lab we were going to see needed us. One of Marty's co-workers who is really into rescue dogs, told him that there was another dog waiting for our loving home....

We arrived at their home in Cherry, and were introduced to the smallest black lab we have ever seen, she only weighs 50 pounds, but is smaller than Ebony (probably cause Ebony’s hair was so fluffy!). Anyway, the she ran to greet us, and I asked them, what her name was?
 “Charlotte”.
 “What?” I said.
“You know, Charlotte, like Charlotte’s Web.”
We just about fainted right there. A dog with my name…who would have ever thought that would happen? I laughed later and told Marty, well, I won’t ever have a grandchild named after me, so I might as well have a dog with my name. I am honored!

She and Jake hit it off very well, she is a very submissive dog and no aggression whatsoever, with lots of energy, like Ebony, and even has the same color of eyes that our Ebony had. Jake responded to this new female by acting his male part in humping her (a behavior we have only seen him do with male dogs to show them he was superior). After they had played and played, and were licking each others faces…it was obvious that Jake was a happy boy again. A tired one, but happy.

The drive home was quiet. We have never experienced this if we had Ebony and Jake in the vehicle together, there was continual whining, which drove us crazy. Both dogs were good as gold, they laid down and there was a peace filled truck with NO whining! YEAH!!!!

We are going to have a temporary trial of Charlotte for a few days to see if she has too much energy for Jake, but so far it is good. She needs training still, since she is a puppy, for walking, we will need to get her a harness for walks, but she is just so beautiful. Her coat shines and she doesn’t shed like a lot of labs do.

So, I believe that God most assuredly had His hand in this one!
A rare moment of stillness

No comments:

Post a Comment