Sunday, April 8, 2018

Do you hear ME?

Antiguous Acquiesce                                                  
This morning I went out to work in the yard, raking up the dead pine needles from underneath our pine trees. It was a wonderful time to listen to the sounds around me. The call of a quail and the sound of various birds singing their morning songs. The wind blowing gently through the pine trees, and then the still small voice speaking ever so gently to my soul.
Memories flooded into my consciousness....    

My friend Janice, from high school, telling me that she had the best vacation ever with me. My children divorcing me. Need I call her because I don't remember much of my teenage years.
Memories of myself as teenage girl, staying with my cousin Diana, and her husband molesting me. I slept on the couch in fear of him coming in to "watch TV."
The memory of looking at my adoptive mother's family as a young adult and realizing that many of them had the same look about them. I thought about the people I had seen who came from incestuous homes...they all look alike.
Then just as those thoughts came, I moved on to cutting back my pink "buttercups" when I heard the word Antiguous. I have never heard that word before. I looked it up and the only references of it were these:

"We are propelling ourselves in a contiguous direction in a close proximity to an elevated portion of the earth's surface which rises in antiguous proximity to the forward part of our present means of locomotion!" said the colored man in a loud voice.~ Five Thousand Miles Underground Or, the Mystery of the Centre of the Earth

Spanish word Antiguous means Ancient.
The other word I heard was Acquiesce, which I know the meaning of: comply silently or without protest.  I have been doing that my whole life as a human. Yet what does that mean for my ancient Soul, which came here to live and to learn.

It means to accept the events of my human existence and simply live each day in the present moment.
Ancient One
Ancient Soul
Looking out of these eyes
Living this life
Ancient One
Why this time?
Entering this body
Living this life

Ancient One
Antiguous proximity
To the growth of your being.
Living this life
Ancient One
I hear you speaking
Acquiesce sweet one
Live in this life

Ancient One
The ground of Being
Speaking truth
Live in this life

Ancient One
Ancient Soul
I have peace now
Living in this life.

Antiguous Acquiesce
Ancient One give in and go along with your life without protesting,
even if you don't really want to.

Now that does sound like ME!






No comments:

Post a Comment