Saturday, March 31, 2012

You look Delicious (Story of Marty and I part 2)

I remember it vividly, as if it were just yesterday. Our paramedic class had stopped for break time. Kelly Goodnature and I were sitting in the second row towards the left of the classroom. We were talking about something that Laurie (our instructor) had just said, and then she went out to smoke.

That's when I heard "Charlotte?" I turned around, and Marty was sitting in behind me.
"Yes?" I answered, thinking that he just wanted to know something about the lecture.
"You look delicious."
"What?" I remember looking puzzled.
"You changed the color of your hair, and you look delicious."

Then he got up and walked out.
Leaving me there, speechless.

What the heck was happening? I had put my hair color back to as close to my original dark auburn as I could get (or the beautician had anyway), but not even my husband noticed.

And yet, here was this young man out of all the people in the world, who noticed.

And he said..."You look delicious."

That's why even to this day I call Marty my STD (Silver Tounged Devil)

He has always had a way with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment